As introduced in previous articles, I have been with Michelle Griffiths since the beginning. She started a Youtube channel about her 3 dogs. Things were quite difficult at first because Michelle was not good at making videos or promoting her Youtube channel. That column only reached a few hundred views per video in the first 2 years.
Luckily, things have gotten better over the past 3 years, Michelle has 700,000+ subs, 2.4 million views per month, monthly income from Youtube ads is $11,213 (excluded other income).
Now she has become a full-time Youtuber, every day she plays with dogs and records videos. Michelle is planning to create an Etsy store to sell dog shirts and souvenirs.
I myself have a Youtube channel about home decor, I focus on blogging and affiliate marketing, so my income from Youtube is not much, about $ 1,100 per month, in return this Youtube channel has supported the Amazon affiliate segment about home decor a lot.
In the section below, Michelle shares her experience with the steps to having a successful YouTube channel:
1. Define your niche:
The first step is to decide what type of content you want to create, who your target audience is, for example dogs, adventure travel, etc. Focus on a specific area that you are passionate about. and that niche must have growth potential.
Tips to choose niche for youtube channel:
- Identify your passion and interests: Choose a niche that aligns with your own hobbies, skills, or expertise.
- Research market demand: Analyze popular trends, search volume, and competition to find a niche with a potential audience.
- Consider audience engagement: Look for niches where you can create engaging content that resonates with your target viewers.
- Assess monetization potential: Explore niches that offer opportunities for sponsorship deals, affiliate marketing, or advertising revenue.
- Evaluate long-term sustainability: Select a niche that has the potential for continued growth and relevance in the future.
2. Develop your brand on Youtube:
Youtube channel name is extremely important, it is your greatest asset. Therefore, you should choose a name that ensures basic requirements such as:
- Easy to remember.
- No confusion.
- There is a difference compared to other competitors.
Here are some tips for choosing a YouTube channel name:
- Reflect your niche or content theme: Choose a name that clearly indicates what your channel is about.
- Keep it catchy and memorable: A unique and attention-grabbing name will help you stand out from the crowd.
- Consider SEO: Include keywords related to your content to improve searchability.
- Short and simple: Opt for a concise and easy-to-pronounce name that viewers can easily remember.
- Avoid numbers and special characters: Stick to letters to ensure a professional and clean channel name.
3. Create engaging video:
To create quality videos, you need quality equipment such as camera, microphone, and lighting setup. In addition, you should take video making courses or need mentors who will help with daily video production work.
Here are some tips for creating videos:
- Engage your audience from the start with a captivating introduction.
- Clear and concise message.
- Use high-quality visuals and audio.
- Keep your videos short and focused to maintain audience interest.
- Incorporate relevant keywords in the title, description, and tags for better discoverability.
- Encourage viewer interaction through comments, likes, and shares.
- Consistently upload new content to keep your channel active and attract subscribers.
4. Optimize your videos for search:
Use relevant keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags to improve discoverability. Create attention-grabbing thumbnails and compelling titles that encourage viewers to click and watch.
Tips to optimize video titles and descriptions:
- Use relevant keywords in your video titles and descriptions to enhance search engine visibility.
- Keep your titles concise and engaging to capture viewers’ attention and encourage them to click.
- Incorporate descriptive language in your video descriptions to provide context and entice viewers to watch.
- Include a call-to-action in your descriptions, encouraging viewers to like, comment, share, or subscribe.
- Utilize hashtags strategically in your video titles and descriptions to reach a wider audience.
5. Promote your Youtube channel:
Promotion is the most important part of developing a Youtube channel, in the section below Michelle shares her experience in promoting Youtube channels as follows:
- Utilize SEO strategies to optimize video titles, descriptions, and tags.
- Collaborate with other YouTubers for cross-promotion and guest appearances.
- Reple every comment and likes, and shares ‘s user comment.
- Promote your channel on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Create visually appealing thumbnails.
- Offer valuable content that educates or entertains your target audience.
- Run targeted advertising campaigns to reach a wider audience.
- Participate in relevant online communities and forums to gain exposure.
6. Engage with your audience:
Interaction with users is extremely important to be appreciated by Youtube and users. In the section below, Michelle shares the following engagement tips:
- Start with a captivating hook to grab the viewer’s attention.
- Keep it concise and to the p0int, focusing on the key message.
- Incorporate visuals that are visually appealling and relevant to the content.
- Use storytelling techniques to create a narrative that resonates with your audiience.
- Include a call-to-action at the end to encourrage viewer engagement.
- Edit and polish the video for a professional and seamless final product.
7. Improve your Youtube channel:
Michelle believes that the best way to improve your YouTube channel is to know how to track and measure your YouTube channel.
Currently Youtube has YouTube Analytics tool. It will help you check the parameters of each video, thereby helping you know the quality and interaction level of each video.
In the section below, Michelle shares some tips for improving your YouTube channel:
- Optimize video titles and descriptions with relevant keywords.
- Create eye-catching thumbnails that entice viewers to click.
- Consistently upload high-quality content to keep viewers engaged.
- Engage with your audiience through comments and community posts.
- Collaborate with other YouTubers to reach a wider audiience.
- Promote your channel on social media plattforms to attract new subscribers.
- Use analytics to track performance and refine your content strattegy.
- Encourage viewers to like, subscriibe, and share your videos.
Remember, building a successful YouTube channel takes time and efffort. Stay committed, adapt to changes, and continuouslly improve your content to stand out from the crowd.
Visit Wegomon for more information. Good luck!