Yesterday morning I received a text from Mia Davis on Tiktok. She is an Iron Worker from San Antonio. She needs advice on how to find a part-time job and earn extra income from San Antonio.
Therefore, I want to share the article 27 ways to find a job and make money from San Antonio as follows.
1. Rideshare Driver:
Join popular rideshare platforms like Uber or Lyft and turn your car into a money-making machine. Set your own schedule and earn money by providing transportation services.
Pros of being a Rideshare Driver:
– Flexible work hours
– Potential for high earnings
– Earn to $26/hour on average after expenses
– Opportunity to meet new people
– Independence and freedom in managing your own schedule
Cons of being a Rideshare Driver:
– Wear and tear on personal vehicle
– High competition among drivers
– Risk of dealing with difficult passengers
– Uncertain income stability
2. Make money affiliate Marketing:
Affiliate marketing is a way to earn commissions by promoting other companies’ products/services on your website or social platforms. You get a tracking link and receive a commission when someone makes a purchase.
My first niche site: home décor / since Aug 2018. You can search for affiliate programs from San Antonio market or from Amazon, Etsy, Clickbank… My income last month: $3,306.44 as below (exinclude other affiliate networks).
– Only get paid for results based on sales generated
– Vast network of affiliate programs across all industries
– Minimal costs to get started
– Passive income potential after initial promotion
– Free to join most affiliate programs
– Scalable earnings with more traffic/audience
– Commissions are typically small per sale (1-10%)
– Need significant traffic to generate any meaningful income
– Reliant on consistent content creation and promotion
Affiliate marketing is best paired with an audience and platform you can leverage. It takes effort to build traffic and find the right affiliate partnerships, but can be lucrative at scale.
Related post: 6 steps on how I make money from affiliate marketing
3. Make money blogging:
Start a blog and share your expertise on a specific topic of interest. Monetize your blog through advertisements, sponsored content, or by selling digital products.
Building niche websites and blogs related to your interests and expertise is a proven online business model. Monetize with ads, affiliates, digital products, and more.
My first blog is about career niche/since 2015. You can choose topics for your blog such as hobbies, sights or guides about San Antonio City. My last income from career blog: $4,205.43 / Aug 2023 from Google adsense (exincluded other advertising networks, income).
– Build site around topic/industry you enjoy or have expertise in
– Various monetization options (ads, affiliates, products, etc)
– Fully own content and platform
– Potential for passive income from content over time
– Full creative control over site and brand
– Can be bootstrapped and built up gradually
– Significant upfront time investment
– Slow process to build traffic and steady income
– Responsible for creating all content
Blogging requires dedication and time, but creates a digital asset you own to generate income through multiple streams.
Related post: 7 steps on how I make money blogging
4. Paid Surveys:
Participate in online surveys and get paid for sharing your opinions on various topics. Many companies offer cash rewards or gift cards in exchange for survey completion.
You will be paid $0.5 – $2.5 but if you have the know-how, you can make $10-$15 from San Antonio market.
Paid survey tips:
– Choose reputable survey sites with good reviews.
– Complete your profile to receive more relevant surveys.
– Check your email regularly for survey invitations.
– Be honest and provide accurate information in your responses.
– Take surveys consistently to increase your earning potential.
– Look out for high-paying surveys or focus groups.
– Redeem rewards or cash out as soon as you reach the minimum payout threshold.
Related post: How to make $7,500 per month from paid surveys
5. Forex/Crypto Trading:
Engage in the exciting world of foreign exchange (forex) or cryptocurrency trading to potentially earn profits from fluctuations in currency values.
Forex/Crypto tips from Stanley Druckenmiller, an experienced crypto expert:
– Stay informed about the latest market trends and news.
– Set realistic goals and manage your expectations.
– Use risk management strategies to protect your investments.
– Diversify your portfolio to minimize potential losses.
– Keep emotions in check and avoid impulsive trading decisions.
– Use technical analysis tools to identify potential entry and exit points.
– Follow experienced traders and learn from their strategies.
– Continuously educate yourself about crypto/forex trading through books, courses, and online resources.
Related post: 10 steps to successful in crypto/forex trading
One of the most popular ways to make money online is by freellancing. There are many platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, and Freellancer that connect businesses with freelancers offering services like programming, graphic design, data entry, writing, and more.
I did a special interview Tasha Whitman for our San Antonio community, sub #freelance career, she has served 7500+ clients on Upworks, here are some of her freelance experiences:
– Flexible schedule and ability to work from anywhere
– Variety of freelancing opportunities in many fields
– Ability to build portfolio and reviews to attract more clients
– Be your own boss and choose your own projects/clients
– Earn income on your schedule and from anywhere
– Gain valuable experience and build skills
– Inconsistent income depending on availability of work
– Need to actively market services and find new clients
– Providing own equipment and managing taxes/admin
Freelancing gives the freedom to work on your own terms if you have in-demand skills to sell. It takes consistent effort to find and complete projects, but the income potential is substantial.
7. YouTube Channel:
Building an audience on YouTube can lead to passive income from ads, sponsorships, affiliates, and more. Requires consistent video production and promotion.
I had a special interview Michelle Griffiths for our San Antonio community, she is my client, she has a channel about her favorite dogs, with 900,000+ subs and 2.4 million views per month.
– Upload videos on any niche or interest
– YouTube ads pay based on views and subscribers
– Integrate affiliate links and sponsorships
– Free platform to build a global audience
– Earn from ads while you sleep after hitting thresholds
– Unlimited income potential with viral videos
– Very oversaturated market for new channels
Related post: 7 steps to build a successful YouTube channel
8. Esty/Amazon Store:
Platforms like Etsy, eBay, and Amazon allow you to sell products online with ease. You can sell new/used goods, handmade crafts, vintage finds, etc.
I had a special interview Jessica Lee on August 25, 2023 for our San Antonio community, she is my client, she opened a handmade shop on Etsy with over $700,000 in sales per year.
– Existing marketplace of buyers looking to purchase goods
– Tools to create professional listings and manage orders/shipping
– Options to sell both new and used products
– Tap into massive existing customer base and marketplace
– List and sell items for sale in seconds
– Lower fees compared to setting up your own ecommerce site
– Commission fees per sale deducted
– Must carefully price items to turn profit after fees
– Managing inventory, shipping, and occasional returns
Selling on ecommerce sites lets entrepreneurs piggyback on established marketplaces to gain quick access to buyers without overhead of an entire business. It can be profitable with disciplined financial management.
Related post: 7 steps to create a successful Etsy/Amazon Store
Dropshipping allows selling products without holding any inventory. A supplier ships the item directly to the customer after you make a sale. Popular for things like apparel, home goods, and accessories.
In this section, I want to share the experience of Peter Tran, a dropshipper from Vietnam for our San Antonio community, also my friend, he opened a sales website on Shopify and specializes in selling handicrafts from Vietnam to US, $900,000 in sales in the past 12 months
– No upfront costs for purchased inventory
– Use platforms like Shopify and Oberlo to automate orders
– Supplier handles packing and shipping items
– Low start-up costs and overhead expenses
– Flexibility to offer varied products through suppliers
– Easier to scale since no warehouse and inventory costs
– Lower profit margins after supplier and platform fees
– Reliant on supplier for shipping times and quality
– Less control over packaging, branding, and customer experience
Dropshipping simplifies retail business by removing the need to pre-purchase and hold inventory. Profit margins can be slim, but the hands-off fulfillment and automation make it attractive.
Other ways to make money in San Antonio
10. Dog Walker:
If you love spending time with furry friends, consider becoming a dog walker. Many pet owners are willing to pay for someone trustwortthy to take their dogs on regular walks.
Offering your services as an online babysittter can be a great way to earn money from the comfort of your own home. Parents often seek reliable individuals who can engage with their children virtually.
12. Delivery Driver:
With the rise of food delivery apps and e-commerce platforms, becoming a delivery driver can be a lucrative option. You can work flexible hours and deliver goods or meals in your local area.
13. Create an Ebook:
If you have specialized knowledge or expertise in a particular subject, consider writing and self-publishing an ebook on platforms like Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. This allows you to earn passive income from book sales.
14. Create an Online Course:
Online learning platforms like Udemy, Skillshare, and others provide the abillity to create online video courses to sell. Teach your skills like programming, design, writing, and more.
– Flexibility to teach niche skills and topics
– Production tools to record/edit videos and host course
– Built-in audience of active learners
– Make passive income from an existing course
– Build authority and personal brand in a niche
– Low overhead costs and high margins
– Significant effort creating content and marketing
– Courses can take months+ to develop
– Responsible for tech support and user questions
Online course creation empowers experts to share knowledge and earn income at scale through digital distribution. But it requires polished content and ongoing promotion.
15. Domain Trader:
Buying and selling domain names can be profitable if you have an eye for valuable domains that others may want for their websites or businesses.
– Low investment for individual quality domains
– Huge potential markup selling domains to businesses
– Very speculative aftermarket with few buyers
– No guarantee sought-after domains will sell
– Holding domains has recurring annual fees
Domain reselling requires minimal upfront investment but is a patience game dependent on finding rare in-demand names worth large payouts.
16. Website Trader:
Similar to domain trading, buying and selling websites can be lucrative if you know how to identify websites with potential growth or those in high-demand niches.
17. Part-Time Photographer:
If you have photography skills, offer your services as a part-time photographer for events or stock photography websites where you can sell your photos online.
18. Real Estate Agent
Becoming a real estate agent provides flexible income potential selling homes and serving buyers/sellers. Requires certification and licensing.
– Commission-based pay on home sales
– Flexible schedule as self-employed
– Mix of office and showing homes
– Unlimited earning potential
– Rewarding role helping people with major purchase
– Flexibility once established in career
– Unpredictable income especially when first starting
– High-pressure sales environment
– Significant licensing requirements
Real estate pays well for top performers. But it takes hustle and resilience through ups and downs when starting out.
19. Online Graphic Design:
If you have a knack for design, offer your serrvices as an online graphic designer. Many businesses and individuals are in need of creative designs for their websites, social media plattforms, or marketing materials.
20. Virtual Assistant:
As a virtual assistant, you can provide administrative support to busy professionals or entrepreneurs remotely. Tasks may include managing emails, scheduling appointments, or conducting research.
– Gain experience providing business support
– Control your own schedule and availability
– Decent hourly pay rate for home-based work
– Income fluctuates based on client needs
– Can be boring depending on tasks
– Self-employment responsibilities
Virtual assisting provides income and skills through steady remote admin work. It requires patient clients and discipline to work independently.
21. Social Media Manager:
With the growing importance of social media presence for businesses, becoming a social media manager is a sought-after role. You can help manage and grow the online presence of companies by creating engaging content and implementing effective strategies.
22. Online Tutor:
If you excel in a particular subject or have teaching experience, consider offering online tutoring services to students worldwide. Platforms like Tutor.com or VIPKid connect tutors with students seeking academic assistance.
23. Voiceover Artist:
If you have a pleasant voice and good pronunciation skills, consider becoming a voiceover artist. You can lend your voice to commercials, audiobooks, animations, and more.
24. Local Travel Agent:
Even though travel has been affected recently due to the pandemic, planning local trips or staycations has gained popularity. Become a local travel agent by curating unique experiences and itineraries for tourists visiting your area.
26. House sitting.
27. Freelance Writer.
27. Freelance Writer:
If you have strong writing skills and enjoy crafting compelling content, freelance writing is an excellent way to make money online. Many companies are in constant need of blog posts, articles, webssite copywriting, and more.